Position: Assembly Technician
Assembly Technicians must be able to demonstrate the assembly of different components, parts or sub-assemblies throughout the entire assembly process. Read, and understand manufacturing instructions, blueprints, process documents, and bill of material. An ideal assembly technician would definitely have a good hand and eye coordination with demonstrated excellent manual dexterity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to read tape measure and mics.
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturing instructions and bill of material (BOM).
- Performs all necessary work to take data and make calculations for winding all sizes and types of transformer coils.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the operation of all coil winding equipment.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency in both quality and quantity of coils produced.
- Ability to operate vacuum pump and understand oil processes in order to achieve optimum dielectric properties of insulating fluid.
- Ability to operate various test equipment e.g. TTR, Megger, Resistance Bridge
- Ability to operate transformer oven and associated controls.
- Brazing, cold welding and crimping processes.
- Safely operate various hand and power tools.
- Ability to safely operate crane and pallet jack.
- Follow production schedule.
- Regularly attends work as scheduled.
- Follows safety rules and/or guidelines while performing daily work.
- Follow direction; maintain focus and a positive attitude.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Personal Appearance: Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are